Saturday, July 31, 2010

Todays Dream - July 31, 2010 Non-lucid.

July 31, 2010

My baby was sick today, so that kind of put a damper on my dreaming. I decided it was a good chance to just let-go of trying to dream to see how time perception would play out. I thought maybe just taking enough effort to log key phrases and just remember would be enough. It would also be an interesting control to see how applying focus, attitude and intent during a sleeping phase is affecting my dream awareness and recall.

Here are the results.

Dream 1
This was an interesting dream because it had no physical symbols and was very abstract computational. The dream was in a creamy white backdrop with blocks of data that I was sorting out. What I was doing was connecting personal experience with articles I had read and information that was being researched. It was a connect the dots of experience and objective research.

I would take a block of experience and connect lines like an object graph to other memories I had with other information I had read. It was all done in this 2D view with no real waking awareness. Something my unconscious was very busy doing and I simply was able to remember.

There was a switch to another dream.

Dream 2
Another dream seemed to just be about the local area where I live in the complex. Nothing really fancy, I think I was just talking to a neighbor. She was telling me something but I wasn't able to recall the conversation when I was awoken by the baby.
Time-To-Bed: 12:00am
Time-Awoke: 1:45am
Time-Till-Sleep: ~30m
Total Time Slept: ~1h 15m
Total Time Dreaming: ~30m
Time Gained: -45m

This is where I found out our baby was sick; woke us up crying then threw up on the bed. Poor girl. *sadface*

I stayed up for a few hours to keep an eye on her and make sure she was ok before going back to sleep. By then I was really tired. One thing to note is I woke up with what I call waking induced amnesia. My daughter pinched my back really hard for some reason. She does stuff like this when she wakes up and well, I don't.

I wake up and care for her first then realize I had dreamed something and forgot. What I did was work on finding just one key word, one memory to see if I could recover any dreams. Finally I was able to get just one mental picture and everything was deconstructed by following that dream backwards and forwards into all the other dreams I had.

So just note, if you don't remember any dreams when you wake up, there is hope.

Dream 3
I was at a technology conference walking around in this really nice hotel. We were networking and talking with people exchanging business cards. My friend who was with me was really emphasizing on how important networking really is to our business. How we really need to connect with others and find how we can all benefit with what our niche interests are.

We go to the buffet room. I saw a dessert table and the spread looked amazing; really ornate and sculpted deserts. Clear that they used molds to shape certain types of foods then decorated and topped them off with different fruit slices and icing etc. I was afraid to even eat any because it was so artistic. I just stood there in awe at how much work and effort must have gone into this spread.

I walk over to the food table and grab a plate. There is Zach Galifianakis as Alan from the movie Hangover. Why I am having Hangover dreams right now is beyond me but welcome to the dream world. He is filling his plate with potato salad and I tell him, “Save some food for the rest of us Alan!”

He dips his finger and scoops the salad into his mouth and mumbles with a hint of a wine, “But I really like potato salad.” He frowns and I laugh at him.

“I'm just giving you a hard time, enjoy your salad.”, I said.

He smiles and is eating it with his hands and I laugh. “You can probably be less savage when you it mind you; man has invented forks by now.”

He looks embarrassed, looking at me in the eyes he gives me a funny look walks to the table, looks at me as he picks up a fork, flicks it up into focus between our stare and in a very animated way stabs it into the salad and eats with a fork.

We sit down together at a table and he says something really funny and I can't remember it. Then this lady walks over; I know her from real life so will just use her initial “J”.

Alan says, “I didn't know you guys got me a hooker! This is awesome!”.

J looks totally offended and I laugh, “She's my friend. I guess she's coming over to say hi.”.

Alan says, “Dammit, I really wanted to have sex with her.”

My other friend says, “Don't worry she'll probably want to have sex with you anyways, and at least you don't have to pay for it.”

J gets mad and she tells them to shut up or she will kick their asses. I know they are both joking but she doesn't approve of it. I tell her they are joking and she says, “Oh yeah, well tell them if they don't smarten up I will beat them up like this.” and she starts to hit me on the shoulder.

“You hit like a girl”, I told her.

She gets mad and really starts to hit hard and it doesn't hurt at all. “Now I know what fluffing a pillow feels like” I tell her.

Alan pipes in, “You have really nice arm action, maybe you can punch my shaft like that.”

I tell him, “She's got great hand-eye coordination. Must be all the video games.”

She laughs, “You guy's are silly.”

That is all I can recover from that dream, there was more however.

Dream 4

This was kind of a sad dream. I am in Penticton B.C. For a funeral. Apparently a friend of mine perhaps someone in my graduating class had died. The details are really faint so it was hard to get at specifics. What I could remember was that it was a male, he was driving in a car that had gotten into an accident with a semi-truck and was stuck on the driver-side door.

We had a funeral schedule. I think my friend Bob was driving the car we were in. We drove past the old cemetery and had to drive to the one up near Munson Mountain. It was a full-casket burial with the whole lowering of the casket. I recognized my brother-in-law there and we talked.

He said, “No one likes a funeral.”

I told him, “Tell me about it. Death is really the end of something wonderful for us all. However, I really feel strongly we exist afterwards.”

“Yeah, I like to think that too”, he said.

That was about all I could recover from that dream.... hopefully it's not precognitive in anyway.

Dream 5
This is a more fun dream as it involves my 18 month old daughter and a fun amusement park where we could play. She was jumping in one of the inflatable style houses that was actually the size of an open room built in as part of the park. She started getting scared of the other kids so I had to scoop down and pick her up.

Dream 6
In this dream, I had some some strange Velcro that I was putting over my zipper. It made absolutely no sense. It had a glue backing that stuck to my jeans and Velcro on the front. As to what the heck is supposed to attach to it... well your guess is as good as mine.

I just remember walking near a park attaching the Velcro thinking my wife will like my new zipper. However it clearly could not ever function as one. Just an abstract tangle of weirdness in this dream..

Time-to-bed: 3:55am
time-awoke: 5:56 am
Time-Till-Sleep: ~30m
Total Time Slept: ~1h 31m
Total Time Dreaming: ~2h 0m (Hard to guage due to memory collapse)
Time Gained: ~29m

Woken up by baby as usual...

Dream 7
At nice mansion that my family bought. It is a multi-house complex that has accommodation for my Dad, my Sister, my Brother and my family. I had a nice office where I could work on developing applications for mobile devices like iPhone, Android and Internet Applications.

I wanted a place where I could work late in the evening and not disturb anyone. The office had two adjoining rooms; I loved it.

There was a really nice computer desk, and an art table. I had a printer. Everything I needed to work in peace and get productivity with my time.

I had a client that was interested in my services, he was a film producer and also a fan of all the dream research I was doing. Apparently he liked dreaming just as much as I did and found my blog very interesting and useful to his own personal journey. I believe he was East Indian and was great to talk with on the phone.

My brother was at the mansion with me he was going over some interesting designs for a game. He had large poster sized story boards and concepts written down. We were putting them on the wall. I showed him all the concept code to support the game development. We looked at all the different ways we could take the game to market.

The mansion was like several adjoining houses that each family could live in. There was also a very larger garage that my sister had taken over for her business and she was making hoola-hoops and other crafts to sell and was quite happy doing so.

The property was not as beautiful as the mansion; landscaping was not done and it seemed rather secluded and up on a hill. I did however love it. It was all very wonderful because I had this genuine sense of ownership and loved having all the family there.

My wife also had her sister and son living there as well. We were all trying to co-exist as a community and family. It was a nice dream. One you wake up from wishing was true because it simply would be awesome if it was.

Time-to-Bed: 6:15am
Time-Awake: 8:30am
Time-Till-Sleep: ~20m
Total Time Slept: ~1h 45m
Total Time Dreaming: ~1h
Time Gained: ~45m

As you can see; not applying any techniques or interest in dreaming short of minimal recall certainly seems to reduce the quality of the dreams. However, I cannot dismiss that dreaming always happens; it's how we engage the dream experience that reveals the quality of the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment